H3-VR - 360° Handy Recorder
Recorders Capture Audio H3-VR Captures Reality
The Zoom H3-VR virtual reality audio recorder is the complete solution for capturing and processing spatial audio for VR, AR and mixed-reality content. With a built-in Ambisonic mic, recorder and decoder, the H3-VR puts 360-audio in the palm of your hand.
Binaural 3D Stereo
The H3-VR also records stereo binaural WAV files up to 24 bit/48 kHz. Stereo binaural provides a hyper-realistic spatial recording that enhances 2D productions with 3D audio.
The H3-VR even offers standard stereo recording for recordings that will be played out of speakers rather than headphones.
5.1ch Surround for Video
Free to download, ZOOM Ambisonics Player software can easily convert Ambisonics audio to a 5.1ch surround file that is pre-aligned to the proper speakers, and is exported to your video or audio editor for syncing with standard video.
The H3-VR also enables you to live stream events in 360 degrees so that wherever your fans are, they’ll have access to the best seats in the house.
6-Axis Motion Sensor
Auto Mic Position and Level Detection make placing the H3-VR simple. Whether positioned upright, upside down, endfire or endfire inverted, the H3-VR automatically calibrates so your audio and video are already aligned for post.
Monitoring & Playback
Monitor your audio live in stereo binaural or use the H3-VR’s onboard Ambisonics Decoding to simulate your recorded 360-experience during playback.
Out of the shot but in control
Staying out of the shot can be tricky when recording a 360-degree video, which is why the H3 Control App lets you remotely access transport controls, level settings, and metadata notes right from your iOS device.
• 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
• Full-sphere surround sound recording
• Single-knob gain control of all input levels
• Onboard Ambisonics A to B decoding
• Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
• Record up to 24bit/96kHz
• Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
• Headphone output and line output
• Slate tone
• Extensive metadata
• Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire,
upside-down, endfire inverted)
• Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
• Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
• Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
• Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
• USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
• Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert
to binaural, stereo,and 5.1ch surround file
• Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
• Records to SD card up to 512GB