H5 - Multi-Track Handy Recorder
Flexible Audio for Video Perfection
The H5 Handy Recorder is Ideal for documentaries, podcasting, audio for video, and professional sound design, the Zoom H5 portable handheld recorder lets you quickly record up to four input signals regardless of your audio experience.
Four tracks of simultaneous recording and interchangeable mic capsules make the H5 flexible and powerful enough to meet the evolving needs of today’s creators.
The design of the XYH-5 mic capsule allows the H5 to handle up to 140 dB SPL — equivalent to the sound of a jet aircraft from less than 200 feet away! And to keep your levels under control, the H5 offers compression and limiting.
The H5’s rubberized housing and shock-mounted microphones minimize vibration and handling noise, while a low-cut filter helps eliminate wind noise and other kinds of low frequency rumble.
The H5 utilizes the same high-quality, low-noise preamps as our flagship H6, ensuring great-sounding recordings in all sonic environments.
The Pre-Record function captures and saves two seconds of audio before you hit RECORD - perfect for unexpected starts.
The Auto-Record function allow the H5 to automatically start and stop recording at predefined sound levels.
The H5’s Backup-Record function automatically records a duplicate set of L/R tracks with 12db less input gain. This audio safety net helps to protect your recordings.
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
The H5’s XLR/TRS combo inputs can handle both mic- and line-level signals for microphones, wireless receivers, mixers, keyboards and more. Each input has a dedicated gain control knob. The supplied XYH-5 capsule also provides an additional mic/line input via a ⅛" mini phone jack.
A Line Out with adjustable volume allows you to send audio from the H5 to the input of a camera or other device without the need for an attenuator cable. In addition, there's a separate headphone output with a dedicated volume control. You can use both outputs simultaneously to route audio to your DSLR while monitoring with headphones.
• Includes detachable X/Y capsule (XYH-5) capable of handling 140 dB SPL
• Shock-mounted mics for reduced handling noise
• Compatible with all Zoom input capsules
• Four-track simultaneous recording
• Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
• Up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
• Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20 dB pad
• Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
• Auto-record, Pre-record, and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
• Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad with Loop Back function
• Powered by two AA batteries or via USB
• Over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries