HDSPe MADI FX - Triple MADI PCI Express Card
HDSPe MADI FX
390-Channel, 192 kHz, Triple MADI PCI Express Card
The HDSPe MADI FX marks a new milestone both in the history of audio interface cards in the past two decades and within the long series of outstanding RME devices. Never before has such a high-performance multi-channel audio system existed.
Three MADI I/Os - two optical and one coaxial ?are accompanied by one AES/EBU I/O and one analog monitoring output. To complete the feature set, a Word Clock connection and four MIDI I/Os were added. The complete technology and connectivity are highly integrated into the smallest possible amount of space - typical for RME. Only one PCIe slot is required on the motherboard, plus one free slot opening on the case.
To guarantee RME?s unique low latency performance with such a huge amount of audio channels, the HDPSe MADI FX introduces a newly developed modular Hammerfall Pro Audio Core. The high-tech core will process three times as many channels as the channel count of the previous MADI flagship, while actually reducing the system load and enabling ultra-low latencies down to 32 samples on modern computers.
A sophisticated new efficiency technology will automatically deactivate currently unused channels, so that they require no processing power or bandwidth. A simple stereo playback will not require any more performance than from a standard stereo audio card - despite the use of a professional multi-channel system with almost 400 channels.
The new core technology is accompanied by a special version of TotalMix FX, which allows using the enormous channel count in an efficient and practical manner. The addition of numerous performance optimizations ensures that the 4096-channel mixer of the MADI FX responds just as smoothly as its 1800-channel counterpart in the Fireface UFX. A new and faster DSP allows for a greater number of EQs and compressors.
• 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1.
• 2.5 Gbps line speed
• Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate)
• All settings changeable in real-time
• Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
• Sync sources: MADI coaxial, MADI optical, AES/EBU, word clock, internal
• Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
• Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock)
• Sample rate range: MADI: 32 kHz - 96 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz - 200 kHz
• Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs
• Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problems
• Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
• Input word clock: Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), switchable termination
• Output word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
• MIDI input and output: via two 5-pin DIN jacks
• Stereo Monitor Output (Phones):
• Signal-to-Noise (DR): 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA @ 44.1 kHz
Channel separation: > 100 dB
Output: 6.3 mm TRS
Output impedance: 75 Ohm
Output level at 0 dBFS: +13 dBu